“Oh, hero of Heaven, You conquer the grave
You free every captive and break every chain
Oh God, You have done great things
We dance in Your freedom, awakened to life
Oh Jesus, our Savior, Your name lifted high
Oh God, You have done great things”
Over the last week and a half, we have watched Nellie-Anne suffer an E. Coli infection and pneumonia. It has been a rough ride, to say the least. BUT she is doing much, MUCH better now. So, here are the updates:
- Her x-rays are pretty much clear of the pneumonia infection.
- Her feedings have been going very well. Right now she’s at 9ml and tomorrow she’ll go up to 13ml.
- She’ll be off the antibiotics on the 24th.
- She’s gaining weight. We have officially broken 3lbs!
Before you get the last update, here’s another fun little game for you to play. Can you spot the difference?
SHE’S OFF THE VENTILATOR!!! There isn’t enough space for all the exclamation points I want to put after that statement. Here’s another comparison photo so you can see the progression.
Here’s what we know about her breathing:
- She’s still intubated because it would be too much for her little body if they were to just take everything away all at once. So, for now, she’s going to stay intubated until they know for sure that she’s breathing well enough on her own.
- She’s currently between 21% and 25% on her oxygen, which is really good. They can’t go any lower than 21%, so she’s doing great.
- She has a new tube going into her mouth. It sits just above her diaphragm and it detects when she stops breathing. Right now, they have it set to give her 2 seconds to breathe and then it will start breathing for her.
We couldn’t be more happy about her progress. We are so proud of her for being such a fighter! Her doctors and nurses have all been so wonderful and we can see how much they love her.
Here are a few more photos from today. Here’s hoping we have another great day tomorrow.
Thank you, Jesus, for this beautiful girl.