Our girl’s updates were very good today! There’s not a lot to tell, so it’ll be a short one.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s happening:
- The nitric oxide is doing its job! They want to wean her off little by little. She’s at 5ppm and every 4-6 hours they’ll go down by 1ppm. TONIGHT: she was at 2ppm when we visited and they’ll continue to go down.
- Her chest x-ray looks better than yesterday. We’ll get a new one in the morning.
- Her blood gas continues to be good. They’ve been able to decrease breathing support!
- They want to start feeding her again today! YAY! TONIGHT: starting at noon they began feeding her 2ml of milk every 3 hours. And she’s tolerating! They’ll work up each day.
- It’s possible that she’ll need another platelet transfusion, but they aren’t doing another CBC until tomorrow morning. We’ll know then what they need to do (or not do).
- TONIGHT: her oxygen was down to 41%. They are confident that she will be off the NO around 5am. This means they’ll be able to focus on getting her off the ventilator, but they said it will be a while before that happens.
She’s doing so well, everyone. We can’t thank you enough for the continued prayers. God is working miracles in that NICU room.
Here are a couple pictures of our sweet, little miracle.